Cyber-crime Law in Dubai
Cyber-crime marks one of the ongoing misdeeds happening in this hectic world. Today’s pandemic made the increase of cyber-attacks in a very huge manner. The severity of cyber-crimes differs in each case. Cyber-criminals misuse the cyber-place for selling drugs, illegal items and harmful substances through the network. Banks, mobile services, online apps, have been the trending places where people are being cheated by these cyber-crimes.
As there is an increase in the interconnected network among people through various platforms, people find it easy for cheating. The main benefit of these crimes are the motto of difficulty to prove and track the criminals. So, these easygoing helps the criminals to achieve their planned goals.
The UAE Federal Law No:5 aims in preventing all the cyber-crimes. Various articles explained in the law are:
- 1 to 11: Threatening the security of any system, phishing and forgery.
- 12 to 27: Gain access to bank accounts, credit cards, extortion, defamation, eavesdropping.
- 28 and remaining: Matters related to state security, public orders and other provisions.
- Electronic site access: Those who access electronic site without permission or by exceeding said limits will face the legal formalities. They are charged by a fine of not less than AED 100 to AED 300 without any delay. Those who cheats regarding copying, changing, deleting, disclosing or publishing any of the original data will face other consequences. They are imprisoned for not less than six months with a fine of AED 150,000 to AED 750,000. If data are personal, the imprisonment get extended to about 1 year. Additional fine of AED 250,000 to 1,000,000 are also imposed. If it is a confidential data, it leads to temporary imprisonment and fine of AED 250,000 to AED 1,500,000. If the same confidential data are changed, copied, deleted, disclosed or published, the case is more stronger. This leads to the imprisonment period of not less than five years with fine of AED 250,000 to AED 1,500,000.
- Electronic card and bank account access: Crime include accessing the credit card, electronic card, bank account and electronic payment details. They are imprisoned for not less than six months with a fine of AED 200,000 to AED 1,000,000. If they contain any of the confidential code or password, the situation will be more worse. There will be imprisonment for more than six months with a fine of AED 200,000 to AED 5,000,000.
- Medical data: The person who damage, amends, obtain or disclose any of the medical information comes under this category. Disclosure of treatments, examinations or diagnosis without permission will be punished by temporary imprisonment.
- Electronic communication: Misusing the electronic means by spamming, intercepting online communications or capturing them lead to a punishable offense. They are charged with a fine of AED 150,000 to AED 500,000 with an imprisonment period of one year.
- Gambling activities related to public morals: Any kind of gambling or pornographic material exploitation are an illegal offense. This leads to an imprisonment with a fine of AED 250,000 to AED 500,000. If the pornographic content is of not eighteen plus, they will be punished by an imprisonment of one year. Fine of AED 500,000 to AED 1,500,000 are added to it. In case if a person tempts another person to commit prostitution, they will be punished too. They get charged by a fine of AED 250,000 to AED 1,000,000 along with imprisonment. If the victim is juvenile, the imprisonment period may increase to five year and fine amount to AED 1,000,000.
- Defamation: People who insult others by an electronic site will be punished by imprisonment or a fine of AED 250,000 to AED 500,000.
- Religious contempt: Any person who contempt religious beliefs, characters, figures, rituals or symbols comes under this category. They will face an imprisonment and a fine of AED 250,000 to AED 1,000,000.
- Human trafficking: Those who operates, supervises, or establishes any of the electronic site for human trafficking will undergo temporary imprisonment and a fine of AED 500,000 to AED 1,000,000.
- Sectarianism, sedition and harming national unity: Any person who publish online any kind of programs or ideas related to create hate, racism, disorder or sectarianism which damages the national unity, public order or public peace might face the law.
- Terrorist activities: Who promote trading weapons or explosives online are strictly illegal. Those who publish information regarding the terrorist activities or forming terrorist groups will face the law as per article 26.
- Donation collection without license: As per article 27 of the law, one cannot collect donations regarding any cause without having a license from respective authority.
- State security: Person who create or damage the reputation or stature of the state of President, Vice President or any of the rulers of the emirates, Crown Princes, Deputy rulers, national flag, national anthem, national emblem or symbols might face an imprisonment and a fine of AED 1,000,000. Article 28 and 30 deals with the publishing fake information, news, pictures and engaging in the overthrow of government of the state or to obstruct the Constitution may face the law.
- Demonstration promotions without license: Those who plan, organize, promote or calls for demonstration without any license from respective authority might be punished by putting in jail with a fine of AED 500,000 to AED 1,000,000.
- Trade of antiquities: There will be imprisonment with a fine of AED 500,000 to AED 1,000,000 on any person as per Article 33 those who make unauthorized trade of antiquities of art. In the same way, if there are an unauthorized use of communication services through audio video channels will be imprisoned with a fine of AED 250,000 to AED 1,000,000.
- Online communication services: The unlawful access to communication services through audio video transmission channel on behalf of oneself or third party imposes a fine of AED 250,000 to AED 1,000,000 with an imprisonment of not less than one year.
- Money laundering and narcotics: The promotion of narcotics and drugs online lead to a penalty of imprisonment and a fine of AED 500,000 to AED 1,000,000. Article 37 stipulates the imprisonment and a fine of AED 500,000 to AED 2,000,000 for the people who use online services for grabbing or transferring illegal funds with an intuition to camouflage their source.
The UAE cyber-crime law always protects the people from getting into trouble. Every single law are not usually publicized. But cyber-crime laws should be known to everyone for safety. Those who wish to get online legal advice can contact us through our lawyer service Dubai providing website https://iadvise.live. You can avail free legal consultation in Dubai as soon as you prefer us. In case if you are trapped in cyber-crime, you can find lawyer UAE easily from our team iadvise.live for your safety.
Get knowledge at your fingertip! Get professional lawyers without any delay!
iadvise.live rank top among the online legal advice in the UAE. We provide ‘video calling’ and free ‘Ask a Question’ service in our website. Find lawyer UAE based on your requirements. We provide a best platform for customers as well as lawyers. We are ready to help you. Feel comfortable to reach us whenever you need a legal support.
Disclaimer: We are not a law firm. We neither give legal advice nor provide legal service. All advice and services are provided by duly qualified and authorized practicing lawyers. We are a platform which facilities legal services.